Friday, November 17, 2006

"I am fearfully and wonderfully made" Psalm 139:14


"The Inner Life of a Cell, an eight-minute animation created in NewTek LightWave 3D and Adobe After Effects for Harvard biology students (...) illustrates unseen molecular mechanisms and the ones they trigger, specifically how white blood cells sense and respond to their surroundings and external stimuli.

(...) “All of those things that you see in the animation are going on in every one of your cells in your body all the time,(...) [I]n the animation there’s a motor protein that’s sort of walking along a line, carrying this round sphere of lipids. When I started working on that section I admit I was kind of surprised to see that it really does look like it’s out for a stroll, like a character in a science fiction film or animation. But based on all the data, it’s a completely accurate rendering.” says XVIVO lead animator John Liebler

To watch the video go HERE.

H/T Telic Thoughts

No comments: