Saturday, July 24, 2021

New York's [this world's] Not My Home

Things were spinnin' 'round me And all my thoughts were cloudy And I had begun to doubt all the things that were me Been in so many places, you know I've run so many races I looked into the empty faces of the people of the night Somethin' is just not right 'Cause I know that I've gotta get outta here I'm so alone Don't you know that I gotta get outta here 'Cause New York's not my home Though all the streets are crowded There's somethin' strange about it I lived there 'bout a year and I never once felt at home I thought I'd make the big time I learned a lot of lessons awfully quick And now I'm tellin' you that they were not the nice kind It has been so long since I have felt fine That's the reason that I've gotta get outta here I'm so alone Don't you know that I gotta get outta here 'Cause New York's not my home That's the reason that I've gotta get outta here I'm so alone Don't you know that I gotta get outta here 'Cause New York's not my home Source: Musixmatch Songwriters: James Croce New York's Not My Home lyrics © Universal Music - Z Songs, Bmg Platinum Songs, H&r Lastrada Music, R2m Publishing, Denjac Music Company, Croce Publishing

No comments: